We're Looking For Talent
You have an entrepreneurial spirit, boundless energy, infectious passion, and a curious mind.
You are a stickler for quality and always go the extra mile.
You are courageous and excited about working with leading global brands, corporations and governments, alongside the smartest in the industry. We like you already.
An opportunity has arisen for a bilingual Account Manager to work within the Brand team based in our Dubai office. The Account Manager’s primary day-to-day role will be to oversee account programs and be the daily contact with clients and partners, providing them strategic counsel on tactical implementation and solid project management skills. He or she will be leading major activities for accounts, managing teams to deliver strong results and ensuring work is of high quality. They will also be helping to develop program plans for brands, ensuring tactics meet client’s business objectives. The successful candidate will be a mentor to junior team members, providing them with guidance on their career development.
Managing accounts and being responsible for the overall quality and delivery of brand programmes ensuring client’s strategic goals are met
Daily client counsel, including problem solving
Develop and edit written documents that are on message and tailored to audience; documents will include slides, proposals, plans, budgets, and issues management documents
Keeping abreast of new developments, trends and opportunities for both clients and the wider industry
Line management and people development, including recruitment
Leading and participating part in new business ventures, including pitching
Bilingual – English and Arabic
In depth local knowledge of the market, including regional business developments impacting the UAE (+GCC) and a strong knowledge of the competitive environment
At least three years of relevant experience in communications, preferably at a PR agency
Superior writing and editing skills (in English and ideally in Arabic)
Edelman Middle East has an immediate opening for an experienced Account Director within its Brand practice.
The Account Director’s primary role is to oversee and integrate account programs and be a senior partner for clients, providing them with strategic counsel around the implementation of their communications programmes.
The candidate will also be responsible for devising new communications strategies for a variety of clients and ensuring account teams are delivering against client commitments with high-quality work.
The candidate will be able to deliver strategic thinking as well as excellence in operations.
He or she will also be able to demonstrate the value of Edelman’s offerings to clients and lead all aspects of planning and execution.
The candidate will be open-minded and client centric.
He or she will lead and /or contribute to the winning of new client business as well as being a mentor to managers and other team members, providing them with guidance on their career development.
They will also be responsible for account organisation, including structure, staffing and training.
• At least 7 years’ experience within an agency environment – Middle East experience would be a bonus.
• Experience in the following sectors would be an advantage: Consumer products, F&B, Travel and Tourism.
• Native-level written and spoken English, enabling strong content development skills, including experience drafting op-eds and quotes/statements for media. Arabic writing would be a bonus.
• Excellent interpersonal communications skills, and can work in an agile, lean environment in which we collaborate in real-time with clients and partners.
• Track record developing and executing successful communications strategies and programmes.
• Possess strong leadership qualities and have in-depth experience effectively managing a group and helping employees grow.
• Excellent attention to detail and project management skills including delegation of tasks.
• Excellent understanding of social media, and ability to collaborate and communicate with multiple internal stakeholders, including strategic planning and creative.
• Demonstrate ability to lead and convert new business opportunities.
• Experience managing finances, including budget development, management, resourcing and forecasting.
• Team player who is focused on developing a collaborative work ethic within account teams and is committed to ensuring an excellent work environment.