Abu Dhabi Festival is a yearly event from Abu Dhabi Music & Arts Foundation. Building on a 4+ year relationship with Edelman Public Relations and Digital, we wanted to distinguish ADF from other classical festivals in the UAE and increase its social media organic and paid reach, as well as increasing the number of ticket sales.
After assessing Abu Dhabi Festival’s Objectives and KPI, Edelman developed the following social milestones:
– Content Strategy: The content strategy was divided between ticket sales promotion, education programs and thought leadership posts to establish Abu Dhabi Festival as a source of classical music information in the UAE.
– Paid Media Strategy: We created a roadmap for paid spend for fans acquisitions and direct clicks to ticket sales website.
– Influencers outreach: Edelman identified key Arts and Music influencers in the UAE to engage with Abu Dhabi festival and maximize its organic reach. A special influencers and media event was organized to launch the festival’s hashtag.
– Instagram: Video content and live coverage were key elements in our Instagram approach, which helped in increasing the size of ADF’s Instagram audience.
Since implementing these strategies, we’ve achieved the following milestones:
– Average Facebook reach of 900,000 users per week during the peak period of the Festival
– Facebook page likes increased by 45.6% to reach 110,434 fans from 45 countries.
– There were 85,816 clicks from the Facebook campaign directly to the ticket sales website or specific event pages (a 57% increase on the early bird period over the previous year)
– A total of 59,544,885 impressions on Facebook.
– Instagram followers increased by 135% during a 4 months period.
– Twitter followers increased by 13% during a 4 months period with 7,446,201 impressions.